Secondary schoolchildren from around the world gathered at the TSL 2018 International Schools Debates in Beau Vallon, Seychelles on 4th July 2018 to debate whether UN Sustainable Development Goal #14 (on Oceans) is achievable.
Following a day of dynamic presentations and discussions across four groups – two debating for the motion and two against – the Best Group debating awards went to the following team members:
- Mary Iskandarian (Lebanon)
- Darren Tan (Malaysia)
- Ellery Fock-Yune (Seychelles)
- Izuchukwu Egbuku (Nigeria)
- Jade Akkawi (Lebanon)
- Karina Anastasya Putri (Indonesia)
- Katrina Jreidini (Lebanon)
- Natalie Ashkar (Lebanon)
- Ryna Azemia (Seychelles) and
- Tanisha Elizabeth (Seychelles)
The Best Individual debating award went to Natalie Ashkar (Lebanon).
Individual Judges’ Commendations were awarded to:
- Jack Tetley (New Zealand)
- Michel Sadek (Lebanon) and
- Stana Mousbe (Seychelles)
In addition, four Student Debate Ambassadors were nominated to represent each of the four groups at a panel discussion with marine experts at the Children’s Oceans Conference on 5th July:
- Pranav Nair (India)
- Abiah Abraham (Nigeria)
- Abiamamela Obuoha (Nigeria) and
- Alicia Iskandarian (Lebanon)
See the full list of this year’s Schools Debate Winners.
You must log in to post a comment.